Voter Education Canvassers
FairVote Minnesota Foundation is seeking to hire canvassers from a number of diverse communities to conduct direct voter outreach and education in Minneapolis and St. Paul in preparation for the Ranked Choice Voting elections this November. Work will begin in mid-July and last through Election Day (November 7).
Canvassers will work to educate and prepare Minneapolis and St. Paul voters to use Ranked Choice Voting in the municipal elections. Mayoral (Minneapolis and St. Paul), City Council (Minneapolis), and Park Board (Minneapolis) elections this fall. This primarily will take place through door-to-door canvassing in targeted neighborhoods of Minneapolis and St. Paul. This also may include phone-banking and outreach at community events. We specifically are seeking people who speak Somali, Hmong and Spanish, and have experience working in these communities.
Compensation: Canvassers will be contracted to work at $15 per hour for a range of 12-20 hours per week.
- Knowledge of Minneapolis/St. Paul and understanding of its socio-economically diverse communities.
- Ability to use digital tools to accurately record the results of conversations with voters.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Interest in voting and elections
- A passion for community engagement
- Previous experience with voter contact is preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and communications skills
- Support for Ranked Choice Voting
- Ability to work an irregular schedule including nights and weekends
- Reliable transportation
- Possession of a smartphone, tablet, or device capable of downloading canvassing apps
FairVote Minnesota Foundation is committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourages applications from women, LGBTQA+ and historically marginalized communities.
July -- Election Day, Nov. 7, 2017
To apply please email your resume, brief letter of interest and two references to Karl Landskroener at Karl.Landskroener@FairVoteMN.org. Please direct any questions about the position by email. Interviews will begin on a rolling basis. Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.